Student visa interview in Poland – common questions
1. Why do you choose Poland, not other European countries? Why do you want to
Tell why did you choose this particular country and what is special about it.
2. Why did you choose that university and how did you find about it?
Tell about research you did about this university. You should have information about the
program you have selected. At this point you should also have some correspondence with
the faculty of the university. Mention strong points of your program, university, achievement
of the professors.
3. Why you don’t want to continue education in your home country?
Give your honest opinion. Mention about quality of education, Cultural diversity, Global
4. How many universities did you apply for?
Mention you made a lot of research to find the university
5. What city is your university located in?
Learn some information about city you want to study in. Give address of your university.
Also remember they can ask you what do you know about this city. You can tell about places
worth to see and cultural events
6.What do you know about Polish schools?
Do research about education systems in Poland.
7. How will you cover your trip and studying expenses?
You should know how much approximately you will need for monthly living expenses (2000
Polish Zloty = 40000 INR) in Poland plus course fee. It would be good if you have this money
in your bank statement.
8. What will be the cost of studies per year?
You should know how much will be full cost of your studies per year. In this question do not
include costs of living if they will not ask about it.
9. Who is going to sponsor your education?
This answer depends on your situation. You can have your own money that you collected
for studies, some family member can sponsor you, you can have student loan or
scholarship. Give honest answer.
Tip. You should be prepared that if someone from your family is sponsoring you, they can
ask you about this person job and salary
10. What are your plans after finishing university?
Give your future plans that should be related to your university program. Remember to
mention that after finishing your course, you are planning to return to your home country
and you are not making plans for staying in Poland or Europe. Give some proofs of your ties
to home country – your family, job you want to take after graduating in your home town
11. Do you know where do you want to work in the future?
Tell about job related to your course topic and how it will benefit your future career. You can
give some names of companies in your country where you could work in the future.
12. Do you want to return to your home country after graduating?
You should show that you have reasons for returning to your home country.
13. What do you know about Poland and city you will be studying in?
you have to do research to know some facts about country you want to live in.
14. . Isn’t this course also available by any university in your country?
Give honest answer, because interviewer could check it before. You can mention that quality
of this course is not that good as in European countries.
15. Why did you choose this course?
Tell about your interest, future career plans related to this course.
16. Do you know some facts about university that you choose?
Read about history of this university and its biggest achievement
17.What are the most famous tourist places in Poland?
You should know some famous places in country you want to study in.
For example: Old Town in Warsaw, Wawel Castle in Cracow, Masurian Lakeland, Malbork
Castle,’ Baltic Sea, Tatra Mountains in Zakopane
18. How long will your course last?
Remember exact dates when will your course start and finish.
19. Can you give me names of some classes you will be attending on that course?
Check your course plan before the interview. You should be able name the most important
and interesting classes for you.
20. Did you already book the tickets for your travel?
You should have with you your flight reservation tickets.
21. What is your recent academic degree? When you receive it?
Give your highest educational qualification. Remember the date when you received it
22. Where will you stay in Poland?
Give full address of your accommodation. You should have accommodation letter proving
that you will be staying in that place. Remember the distance from your accommodation to
23. Are you planning something for your vacation?
Interviewer wants to know more about your relations with your family and your country.
you should tell them that you want to go back home during holiday to visit your family.
Reason for your stay should be clear
24. Are you thinking about working in Poland during your studying?
You should show that your only reason for coming to Poland is studying and you want to
strongly focus on that.
25.what is your English proficiency level?
if you course will be taught in English, you should have fluent English level.